Friday, December 16, 2011

A world created by thoughts


Instead of seeing reality

I live in a land of thoughts


Like a fish in a pond

I see only as far, as I have previously determined, that I can see


I keep the same names and labels for things

I limit my freedom with my conclusions

I dream only what I have previously seen


I lived in close quarters with my proud mind as it fabricated illusions hiding eternity, infinity, and possibility.

My mind, my jailer - so adept, so determined to it’s duty


If ever there was a time to cross over

If ever there was a time to un-tie these strings of thoughts

And the ropes, created by the strings, that tether me


Now, I need not step not forward, but upward

Now’s the time to re-evaluate what I have professed to be valuable

And surrender

Surrender to this force that pulls me

Surrender to this divine power, and it’s immense love

Love strong enough to free me


I orbit, spiraling around it’s truth

And daily I let go, to let go, I let go

No comments: