Thursday, November 29, 2007

Life of thoughts

The life of thoughts

A thought.
This morning I was thinking, and at one point a question came to me.
Why can’t I stop thinking?
This is a question that I have had at times. To which I have found that Meditation helps.
It stills the ripples that form, the thoughts that gather manifesting ideas.
A ripple created by a stone that has been cast onto the still water, a ripple that has a life of its own. But with a ripple it is easy to see the source, while the source of thoughts seem to be a bit more elusive.
So I looked at the thought under a microscope this morning, and I focused in, under close inspection I realized that the thought is alive. It actually comes to life, forms, grows, matures, decays, and finally dies.
Within these deep corridors of my brain this thought is gathering, it is moving. Subtle energy, some kind of electrons I suppose, linking together forming data and creating an image.
Like this thoughts come into life in billions of forms. Kind of like all the different species that are on the earth.
Some small thoughts such as, “I would like a cup of coffee’” that is now brewing on the counter, May have a life span of a few minutes, possibly like the life span of a bacteria. Then you might have a bigger thought that is like, I would like to go out to a nice restaurant tonight with the family for dinner” This thought might live for a few hours.
Larger thoughts such as the thought of starting a business may take years or even decades for the thought to complete its cycle.
In thinking of a thought in this interesting way I glimpsed some new insight into how creation came into existence. And actually what existence is comprised of.
After all in the Bible it clearly showed how God’s thoughts came to life.
In the beginning God said, “Let there be light, and there was light and he saw that it was good.”
So maybe we are nothing more than a thought of God.

Here is the poem.

I once walked upon a beach, hoping God would hear.
The echoes off the ocean waves of a young mans falling tear.
I once ambled through a field, pining that God would see.
The shadow of an only man, Lying hallow as a tree.
I once sat on a mountain top, with such appetence that God should know.
The dreams in this young mans heart, are pure as falling snow.
I once cast a stone afar and upon a ripple there rode a golden star.
Twas in the state of stillness till the brink of the first wave.
With such vigor it toiled.
As a child in his younger days.
Oh, that I see this laudable dream.
for I had induced to my pond a magical gleam.
Though enslaved were the waves, in the stillness which withered them away.
We too toil our days, tell the wane away.

Then I imagine that I am the golden star,
riding this ripple of life.
Where in the midst of creation, God has cast a stone giving meaning to his pond.
I ride the ripple tell the conclusion on my days, when the quiescence of Gods love brings a close to his play.
With love perfect, I would delight in rendering pleasure to God.
To be dear enough to him, that he bequeaths me life, merely to watch me play.

No comments: