Thursday, November 1, 2007

Page 9

Now as the curtain opens for the next part of the play, we find the man and the woman in the garden naked, and for the first time they are aware of their nakedness.
Upon hearing the voice of god they decide to hide.
This new awareness of their nakedness is because they are no longer one.
The other night I saw a reflection of this when I was alone in a motel room, and decided to take a shower. It came to me while in the shower washing myself, that I was naked. This was nothing out of the ordinary, after all most people do not shower with their clothes on. But I had become aware that the door to the bathroom was wide open. Then I thought to myself “if I were here say with another person I would have never have left the door open.” It is only because I am one with myself that I was comfortable having the door open.

A reflection that confirmed to me, that Adam and Eve were once one with God and also one with each other. Because they were, before, unaware of their nakedness.

Sin #2 guilt and shame

The next thing which pushes them down the path to hell, (Land without God, or confusion) is Guilt for eating the fruit, and Shame for being naked.

Here I have to stop and wonder aloud as to the pretenses of many religions. I always thought that the purpose of religion was to show the path to god. Most of us are aware that we have fallen, and are living in a land away from god. This awareness is within us, as you can see with Adam and Eve that the changes that occurred after they ate the fruit, were within them.
If religious organizations are there to help us, then why do they enabling us to feel guilty?
Why should we to confirm a part of us that is not our true selves? We are not sinners, we are the spirit. If we can learn anything from seeing ourselves reflected in this story, is that it is our awareness that separates us from god.
So why propagate sin by feeling guilty?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess a world without unfounded guilty feelings and their consequent aggressive attitudes would see us living spontaneous and free like balanced children. Gosh! Who would want a thing like that? ;-)