Friday, November 16, 2007

Poem


A painting of mine of the California Ocean.













Here is a poem I wrote while I was contemplating the role that my body has in my awarness of the divine. While it seems to be my closest friend the body also is the root of many conflicts.


Anyway I hope you all don't think it to be too weird.





Tell Death do we part


This hand touches the lute
While my wondering mind
Seeks fringe distractions to fill the void
Even the music I play
Strays the truth into a eerie musky forest
Where pleasant colored plants bear odd fruits

Here truth looms close
It aches for its awakening
While I fight mysterious battles
Unable to know who my enemy is

Tortured flesh
Saddened, aging , vessel
I’ve bound myself to you
Through these uneasy nights and days


I demand your pleasures
I want your delights
I sleep in your senses

Tell death do we part

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Dan.....Doug