Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Page 1

In the beginning…

I would like to start out with two bold statements.
I am now at a point in my life where I no longer know, “who I am?”
I am now at a point in my life where I no longer know, “who I am not?”


These statements echo deep into the caverns of my existence. They are the questions that I have often crashed into when reflecting upon my significance.
Who is god?
Who am I?
And what is the connection?
With these questions proposed, I would like to start by telling you that I should never be writing this on this subject. I have none of the titles that would merit me doing so. Like: Dr., Professor, scholar, Priest, Pope, Shaman, Brahman, Monk……
The titles that I do have carpenter, father, brother, friend, husband, are not the titles one usually associates with a person who is writing a book.
But this word, “title” I find too constricting. And I am unable to find comfort within its’ bounds. To me it seems similar to the word label. And a Label is a description that you would find, say on a bottle of medicine. Like “take twice daily after meals.” Or a label on a cereal box, “Good and tasty” which is describing a certain aspect or function of a product.
And a title or a label does not allow me to understand my significance.
It may tell me who I am today, but it limits me from who I may be tomorrow. I find that using questions are much more liberating. Like a key unlocking the vaults of limitations.
And this is what I want to know, who I am, and what is my purpose? These questions I believe have eluded common man, throughout time.

No comments: