Sunday, October 21, 2007

a poem

Today I would like to take a break from the story and offer you a poem which I recently wrote.
I hope you enjoy.


I am
The water that flows through the streams
And through my veins

I am
The wind that blows through the trees
And fills my lungs

I am the sun light that lightens the world
And fills my eyes with reflection

I am
The earth which brings life to plants
And sustains, life, in this body

I am
The intent which causes life to move
And wakes me with purpose in the morn

I am
The desire of love ,innocent
Unattached, moving, living

I am everything
And I am nothing

When I “think” that I am this or that….
I am the drop

When I “think” that I am nothing….
I am the ocean

I am not the eye seeing
But the one who making me see

I am not the one hearing
But the one who makes me hear

I am not the one tasting
I am not the one smelling
I am not this
Not this
Realizing the roots of humility
Surrendering

I am
Lost in the divine mother
One……
Without another

1 comment:

Edward Saugstad said...

Dan the Man, you rock! Rock on.