Monday, October 22, 2007

Page 4

To start out today I wanted to give the feelings that I was trying to express in the poem that I posted yesterday.
If you read this poem literally then you might come to the conclusion that I have a huge ego.
The fact is that when I wrote this poem I had just finished a great meditation. I had surrendered my thoughts to the point where my mind became still. I felt the oneness with the all pervading energy around me. And upon feeling that surrender I asked my self the question, "Who am I."
This is where the poem began, I started by realizing that if I think that I am this body then what is this body comprised of. So I am the water, I am the air, etc.
Then I moved my reflections to think that if I think that I am what I have become in life, then I must be, intent or purpose.
I think you can see the direction that I was going, next I assume that I am emotions, love, happiness, anger, etc.
Finally I looked at my thoughts and how they define my into a drop, but If I am the reflection of the divine, and the divine is limitless, then I am also limitless.
So in my meditation I felt surrendered, I lost my boundries, I was lost in the divine mother energy that permeates everything. Causing plants to grow, controlling nature, sustaining life.
Some call this power as, "Dow"

So that is what the poem means to me. And now I will offer a bit more of my story.

So the church I chose was the simpler of the two and had such a nice elderly man as the minister. I can really say that I felt love emanating from that man.
It seemed that he was there to guide me and help me answer the questions that filled my mind from time to time.
I got my baptism and also accepted Christ in to my life, in that church. I can so vividly remember the smells and sounds of the day that I accepted Christ. It was a ceremony that ignited a fire within me, etching a memory of an event that was so alive.
I can still see my minister there, who like I said was and elderly man. His voice was soothing but not soft. He had dark hair with some gray ends and very genuine.
I thought that he had, in his possession, a direct link to the divine.
However, for some reason unknown to me, on this occasion an out of town minister was there to help.
We walked into a quiet room, the three of us, and sat down. My minister asked me how I was feeling, and if I was ready to commit myself to Christ?
Wow. That was so intense. It was like being much older and walking down the isle to meet the woman that I had always known existed. The woman without any flaws. The woman who would be so stunning wearing her dress, that she would take my breath away. To the point where I would be willing to, just lay down there and die.
I was ready, I was probably the most ready boy in history.
At that point the other minister took over and started to read from the bible. This part of the ceremony I cannot remember, because I had just been transported into the lap of gods’ love.
I could have cried and I think that I actually did.
Can you imagine loving someone so much as I did Christ at that moment.
When I floated out of the room I was a changed boy.
It took me weeks before my feet to actually touch the ground again, and to see things the way I had before, that is with the same eyes, took much more time than that.
The rest of my church experience I will not tell you at this time. Not because it was bad, because it wasn’t.
After all I was on, “my path” and at that moment in my life, I was right where I needed to be.

No comments: